Front-End Meetup 2/3/16
"Emmet is a plugin for many popular text editors which greatly improves HTML & CSS workflow"
Exploring Front-End Frameworks
Full Stack to Short Stack
The process of building ShortStackDev.com. Slides
HTML Banner Ads
I had to learn, build, and submit an HTML banner ad in one week. Here's what I learned.
- HTML ads are simply an iframe that occupies a website's ad space.
- Your HTML file can link to any number of CSS, JS, and image files. Host those files on you/your client's website/CDN/etc.
- HTML banner ads can be responsive.
- Some ad server prefer/require files to be received in a specific format. Be sure to see an example or a template.
- Include a JPG/GIF fallback for unsupported browsers. The publication or ad server will have more information.
There are several tools to help create CSS and JS animation for banner ads.
Note from Tyler
Always use an iframe to embed your ad. Placing JS files directly on the site leaves room for security risks.